Country House Christmas Pudding
- 1 cup Christian Bros Brandy
- ½ cup Myer’s Dark Rum
- ½ cup Jim Beam Whiskey
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup sultana raisins
- 1 cup pitted prunes finely chopped
- 1 med. apple peeled and grated
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup candied orange peel finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (freshly baked bread is best)
- 1 cup Crisco vegetable shortening(freeze and grate)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup black strap molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- grated zest of 1 orange plus juice
- 3 large eggs
- Soak all fruit in Brandy for a week.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brandied fruit with remaining ingredients, add cup of dark rum.
- Mold and steam for 3 ½ hours.
- Remove pudding, poke holes in top with fork, pour over Jim Beam Whiskey, cover tightly in parchment paper and foil, serve when ready. Will last up to six months in refrigeration.
Top of Pg.