- Add 3 quarts clover blossoms* to 4 quarts of boiling water removed from heat at point of boil. Let stand for three days.
- At the end of the third day, drain the juice into another container leaving the blossoms.
- Add three quarts of fresh water and the peel of one lemon to the blossoms and boil for fifteen minutes.
- Drain again and add this to the first container of juice.
- Add a pound of sugar to each quart of juice.
- Ferment with one cup of yeast. Keep in warm room for three weeks and then bottle.
* Blossoms are the flowers, not the leaves. A variety of clovers can be used. A conversation with a local farmer could be rewarding here.
Top of Pg.